Thursday, February 26, 2009

Homemade Dark Chocolate Ice Cream


Dark Chocolate Ice Cream, originally uploaded by ParsecTraveller.

I know it's not ice cream season, but just bear with me... ;)

A while back, a good friend of mine brought back some dark chocolate from France. After experimenting with many different ice cream flavors, including rose and lemon verbena, I decided I needed to make a good and simple chocolate ice cream.

Tasty ice cream can be surprisingly easy to make, and toying with a basic vanilla recipe can yield delicious results. In this case though, the chocolate needed to be melted with hot milk and cream, and then chilled, which added a few hours to the whole process.

4 comments:

tina said...

Ice cream season or not-yum!

Chiot's Run said...

MMMM, dark chocolate, MMMMMM.

Dan said...

Your ice cream looks spectacular. We have an ice cream maker that never seems to get used, this may be just the motivation I needed.

Anonymous said...

Just discovering you blog too and only one word WOW!!! I will definitely be back too!! Love it! :)