Monday, August 25, 2008

Thai Dragons






















'Thai Hot Dragon' chile peppers on my single plant. This plant has grown fast and produced many peppers.

There was a bit of a mystery concerning this plant: some of the peppers had absolutely no heat at all (they're supposed to be 8 times hotter than a Jalapeño). I discovered it was because those peppers were drying on the plant and not ripening.

The other day, I tried a plump, juicy red pepper. After chewing for a few seconds, I was running back into the house hollering.

The heat lasted about 1 hour.

1 comment:

Chiot's Run said...

MMMM, I like hot peppers! The hotter the better. We used to have these in Colombia I think, once when I was little I picked one and then rubbed my eyes, I had red burning eyes for a day or two.

I'm not growing any this year, next year I'm going to grow hot banana peppers to make pickled peppers for Mr Chiots and a friend.