Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Tropical Garden in 2007...

This year will hopefully bring some new additions to the garden. I am especially anxious to get my tropical garden started again, but the impending frost makes me question whether I will ever be able to grow tropical plants again.

Really though, the plants will make it, and I am hoping to add some great things this year, maybe some bougainvillea and hibiscus, and possibly one of those really cheap queen palms that grow so fast you might think they're taking steroids. And the Thailand Giant Strain of Colocasia elephant ears with leaves 5 feet wide might add an interesting look to the micro-jungle.

Throw in some squirrel monkeys and tiki torches, and it would be an "authentic" island getaway...in a backyard.

Oh, one more thing: This is the 100th post on this blog!

No comments: